วันพุธที่ 24 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2553

Dvico Fusion Dual HDTV DVB-T Tuner Review

This is a PCI agenda which I purchased from The Glow Lounge to complete my Windows Media centermost PC (for which I shall be autograph a 'how to' at a after date) to abode in my active allowance to booty over from my dvd player, VCR, accepted alternation freeview tuner and hi-fi. It amount about £105 which you may anticipate is a bit big-ticket but I shall explain the affidavit for my best later.

What's In The Box?

PCI agenda x1

Drivers CD x1

MCE alien ascendancy x1

Infra Red Cable x1
Small anatomy agency Bracket x1

Instructions x1

Analogue Input Cable x1

Video Studio 8 x1

USB Cable x1

Audio Cable x1

Installation

Installation, as with best PCI cards, is a relativley accessible action accouterment you chase the instructions provided. One affair to accede in the adjustment of the agenda in your computer is that it can become absolutely hot, address this in apperception I placed the agenda at the basal of my arrangement so that it was abroad anatomy the cartoon agenda because I didn't appetite the cartoon agenda and tuner to mutually barter calefaction and potentially accident anniversary other.

One affair that I do, and it is alone my preference, is avoid the disciplinarian CD that comes with any agenda such as this and download the latest drivers from the manufacturers website for 2 reasons; 1) sometimes the agenda or whatever has been sat on the shelf for months and in that time the architect has already appear several updates. 2) back downloading the software from the manufacturer's website you accept alone the software you charge as against to all the clutter that is usually installed with the drivers CD, I'm talking about things like infuriating toolbars or adware that comes array with software that helps to apathetic bottomward your PC. Like I said this is alone my preference.

This is by no agency the cheapest DVBT (Digital Video advertisement Terrestrial) tuner agenda out there I but chose it because it had assertive functions which I anticipation were capital to arete the move from a standalone agenda earthbound tuner to a Windows Media centermost based television. The aboriginal claim is that it had to be a bifold tuner so that I could watch one affairs while recording another. The additional claim is that it had to be a HD (High Definition) card, so that it would still assignment back HD television starts to be advertisement in the UK, and of advance back I advancement to a huge HD television or projector!

One affair that afraid me about this agenda is the affection of the alien ascendancy that comes with it. Usually with things like this the architecture of the alien ascendancy seems to be an reconsideration and is able at best, this is definitley not the case with the Dvico card. The alien ascendancy is chunky, able-bodied built, and absolutely feels like a able remote! I accept to acknowledge I don't use the alien that comes with the card, I use the alien that comes with Logitech S510 Cordless Desktop purelybecause the annal caster on the alien makes it quicker to cross menus. If I hadn't already bought this cordless desktop again I would definitley be blessed with the remte that Dvico supplies.

I accept acclimated the TV software that came with the agenda Briefly but did not acquisition it as acceptable or as automatic to use as Windows Media centermost 2005, whilst I anticipate that in the absence of Windows Media centermost the supplied software would do the job. One affair I accept yet to try out is the alternation abduction functions of the agenda but if the achievement of the added appearance of the agenda are annihilation to go by again i'm abiding it'll do absolutely as it says on the tin!

I've been application this agenda with Windows Media centermost 2005 for about 3 months now and I can say that this agenda has performed after a hitch.

Key Features

Watch One approach While Recording Another

Watch DVB-T agenda TV Programs on Your PC

Picture in Picture (PIP) & Multi-view Function

Record TV programs to adamantine drive as DVD/ MPEG2 format

Scheduled recording from Hibernation/Stand-by/PC-off mode

Pause and epitomize alive TV shows (Time-shifting function)

Analog video abduction and recording in digital

High-resolution still angel capture

Compatible with Microsoft Windows XP Media centermost Edition 2005

Low CPU burning with DxVA SW decoder

EPG (Electronic affairs Guide)

Supports agenda Teletext & Subtitle (excluding U.K.)

Low contour anatomy agency for abbreviate PC

Supports HD-to-DVD or Divx architecture conversion

Supports ability up as PME

Supports analytic approach number

Full action bittersweet alien contro
l

Specifications

I/O Connections 1 x Antenna Input

1 x USB Port

1 x SVHS/ 1 x Composite Video Input

1 x Internal Stereo Sound Port

1 x IR alien ascendancy Port

Minimum arrangement Requirements Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows 2000

1 x USB2.0 Port and 1 x PCI Slot

DxVA based VGA Cards

Pentium3 800MHz ( ATI Radeon Series )

Non-DxVA based VGA Cards

Pentium4 1.6GHz with 128M memory

Drivers Cypress FX2 drivers

Conexant CX2388x drivers

DViCO's own tuner/BDA driver

DViCO's own bifold HDTV decoder( abounding s/w approach & DxVA mode)

Conclusion

Not the cheapest agenda Tv tuner agenda on the market, but if you're austere about architecture a appropriate Home Theater PC (HTPC) with a lot of features, again this agenda is able-bodied account the consideration. The alone affair absolution this agenda bottomward is the arranged TV software, but if you're planning to use Windows Media centermost 2005 again you won't accept a problem.

I did accept a slight botheration installing the bittersweet cable that came with this card, this is due to the actuality that the rear aperture openings on my case (thermaltake armor) are hardly abate than usual, acceptation that accession of the bittersweet jack bung was rather tricky. Once installed the bittersweet action formed perfectly.

johnsreviews rating: 9/10

For added reviews or abstruse advice go to www.johnsreviews.com

Body Piercing Jewelry Reviews

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น